It has been some time but Abundance is back for the harvest season of 2011.
We plan on doing regular picking sessions on *Sundays meeting at 11am* at the following dates and locations:
– 4th Sept – Forest Fields Pick – meet at: Forest Fields Tram stop
– 11th Sept – St Anns Pick – meet at: Ransom Road Entrance to St Anns
– 18th Sept – Lenton Pick – meet at: Savoy Cinema, Derby Road
– 25th Sept – Sneinton Pick – meet at: Stonebridge City Farm
– 2nd Oct – Lenton Pick – meet at: Savoy Cinema, Derby Road
– 9th Oct - Forest Fields Pick – meet at: Forest Fields Tram stop
– 16th Oct – Sneinton Pick – meet at: Sneinton Market
– 23rd Oct – St Anns Pick – meet at: Ransom Road Entrance to St Anns
(Tea and biscuits provided. Bring some food to share, if you’d like.)
You can join in for as much or as little time as you like. We generally
spend around 4-5 hours on these picking sessions, but that depends upon the
Please spread the word to any other people who might be interested – we rely
upon enthusiastic volunteers.
Phone: 07722 613715 or 07947671182
REGISTER INTEREST IN ABUNDANCE FOR 2011
Abundance is now taking a well-earned rest from all the tree scaling, fruit picking, and redistribution from autumn 2010.
Along with the trees, we are hibernating!
However, seasons being seasons we will start up again from the end of summer 2011.
To remind, we are 100% volunteer led and volunteer run and rely on community support and input to keep going.
So if avoiding fruit waste, promoting healthy eating and getting involved with the local community sound like your thing, we would love to hear from you – get in touch with us now to register your interest…
Here are some of the ways you can get involved with Abundance from end summer/autumn 2011:
– collect fruit
– scout out new trees
– scout out new distribution points who could use the fruit
– run a chutney or jam-making workshop
– give us stuff! Jam jars, recipe books, tarpaulins, apple pickers…. bike grease, the works….
– help out with publicity
To register your interest:
1. Email email@example.com and put ‘volunteer’ in the subject heading
2. Tell us what you’d like to get involved in
That’s it! We’ll email you back closer to the time.